Smart phone is the attraction of many people because of its multi features and applications. But the most important problem is severe battery drain and it needs many time charging in a day. Apple, BlackBerry, Samsung and other global brands have come up with powerful mobile operating systems such as Google’s Android, Nokia’s Symbian, Apple’s iOS, etc, that allows users to play games, listen to mp3s, snap pictures, have access to the Net and even stream videos. This causes severe battery drain due to the running of many applications in the phone along with power use for signal capturing. This problem is severe when travelling so we have to carry one back up device also. But we can manage the situation. Follow the 10 tips to keep the Smartphone alive.
1. Turn off the Vibration mode. This takes much power. Use this feature only when the phone is in silent mode . Also lessen the intensity of vibration. Vibration mode takes very large power than the ring tone because; vibration is caused by shaking the entire phone.
2. Keep your phone screen in Dim mode. This conserves much power. Activate the bright mode only when needed. Keep the screen in Auto brightness mode so that it adjusts the brightness for reading. Also reduce the brightness level just for reading without much strain to the eye.
3. Reduce the time of Screen Time out. Depending on your choice, you can adjust the time. This prevents wastage of power.
4. Switch off the phone when not needed. You can conserve power if you switch off the phone while attending a meeting, class or during sleep. Do not keep the phone in charger when the battery is still holding charge.
5. Do proper charging. Lithium Ion battery has long life cycle and requires proper charging. Charge, only when its power drops to 20%. Do not over charge. It will stress the battery.
6. Deactivate or Close unnecessary applications. The smart phone comes with many application but most of them are not necessary for daily use. If all the Apps are running, a fully charged battery will show half charge within one hour. Remove unwanted Apps from the phone.
7. Disable the GPS system, if available. It is one application that consumes huge power. Enable only when needed, like travelling in an unknown place.
8. Disable Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when not in use. Smartphone consumes much power for tracing and capturing signals from satellite or Wi-Fi router. When the signal strength is too low, the phone will enter into scanning mode to capture more powerful signal locations. This drains the battery.
9. Reduce the number of Notifications. Enable only the notifications needed for daily life, such as e-mail, SMS, FB / Twitter , Whatsapp notification etc.
10. Keep the phone in a cool place. Do not keep near Laptop vent, over the PC, on the dash board of Car etc. Heating will reduce the battery power.